The dry and very full-bodied Kanenas from Tsantali is a cuvee from the international Syrah and the indigenous Mavroudi grape from Maronia in Thrace. The once widespread indigenous red Mavroudi vine is now considered almost extinct. In their youth, Mavroudi wines are quite tannic. However, they have a very good storage potential and become velvety over the years. Berries and ripe fruit dominate the bouquet of the Kanenas red wine. The acid structure of the red wine harmonises well with the powerful tannins.
After about 6 years in the bottle, the wine loses its astringency, it becomes softer and more velvety. Deep ruby red color. Rich aromatic bouquet of wild berries, ripe dark cherries and spicy notes. The nose is intense and complex. On the palate chewy and textured tannins.
- Enjoy it with juicy red meats and spicy sauces.
- It combines perfectly with roasted vegetables, white meat and hard cheese.
- You can also serve it cool during summer and can even accompany it with fish.
- TEXSOM IWA 2020 – SILVER
- THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL WINE AND SPIRITS COMPETITION 2020 – SILVER
- MUNDUS VINI Spring Tasting 2020 – SILVER
- AWC VIENNA International Wine Challenge – GOLD (90.6 points)
- TEXSOM IWA 2019 – SILVER
- MUNDUS VINI Spring Tasting 2019 – SILVER
- THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL WINE AND SPIRITS COMPETITION 2018 – SILVER
- TEXSOM IWA 2018 – SILVER
Get A 10% Off Coupon!
After subscribing you will receive your personal coupon via e-mail for your next order.
It can not be combined with any other offer or discount.
Discount is valid for new customers only.